Cottles Shop 6


The Cottle family has been doing business in Sacramento sense 1946 as "Dos Rios Grocery Store" (on Dos Rios St. near Richard blvd.) in the 1950's Eugene went into the real-estate business and Marion owned "Western Upholstery" on 8232 Fair Oaks Blvd. and John Cottle owned John C. Cottle's Railroad Salvage on Deeble St. near Hugh stadium, in about 1960 Eugene and Marion turned the Fair Oaks Blvd store into "Cottle Bros.Salvage".

John Cottle moved to the 16th St. location in the1960′s, Eugene Cottle started Cottle's glass and screen shop in 1970 on Fair Oaks blvd. and California ave. then in 1975, he moved into the back building of Bark-wood Salvage on 8232 Fair Oaks blvd. and in about 1979 he moved up to the front building, in 1985 we branched out to 1520 Del Paso Blvd.

The Fair Oaks blvd. store ended in 1989 when Eugene retired, Rich Cottle bought the Del Paso blvd. store in 1987 and moved to the 421 Arden Way side of the building on account of he kept getting robbed and beat up on the Del Paso blvd. side

Rich Cottle had the store for 23 years until 2010 where he moved to 3487 Orange Grove Ave. Unit A where it is today. We hope to see you there to continue the Cottle tradition.

Get in Touch
3487 Orange Grove ave.# A, North Highlands Ca. 95660 (916) 929-1732